Disable Moodle Plugin but keep activities visible

Disable Moodle Plugin but keep activities visible

by Vinicius Alberto Alves da Silva -
Number of replies: 2

Hello Everyone. 

I am working on one new specific moodle plugin. The module enables text and multimedia to be inserted into the course page so it's an  Activity/Resource. I am using Moodle 3 installed with Binami stack through Docker (image: docker.io/bitnami/moodle:3-debian-10).

The plugin is an Activity since I know that is possible to go to in "Site administration/Plugins/Activity modules/Manage activitiesand click in the Eye to Hide my Plugin. This hides the resource in the "Add an activity or resource" modal. But this also hides already added resources on the course page. 

My question: It is possible to hide (or even uninstall) an  Activity/Resource plugin and keep the old resources visible in the course section? 

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vinicius Alberto Alves da Silva

Re: Disable Moodle Plugin but keep activities visible

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
No. If you want to keep the content working, but stop people adding new instances, then remove the mod/...:add capability from all roles.
Average of ratings:Useful (4)