timecompleted column is NULL

timecompleted column is NULL

door Sushma R -
Aantal antwoorden: 11

Hi Team,

I see timecompleted column in mdl_course_completions table  is NULL for some courses, what might be the issue? 

Can anyone help me on this.

Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen:  -
Als antwoord op Sushma R

Re: timecompleted column is NULL

door Davo Smith -
Foto van Core developers Foto van Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto van Peer reviewers Foto van Plugin developers
The user hasn't (yet) completed the course?

That sounds perfectly normal - is there a reason why you're worried about it (e.g. those particular users should have completed the course)?
Als antwoord op Davo Smith

door Sushma R -
Hi Davo,
in this case user has completed the course, with the expected grade., this is happening only for few set of courses,
Is it something todo with activity completion settings?

Thanks in advance
Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen: Useful (1)
Als antwoord op Sushma R

door Davo Smith -
Foto van Core developers Foto van Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto van Peer reviewers Foto van Plugin developers
This is the field that records whether or not the user has completed the course - so according to Moodle, the user in question has _not_ yet completed the course.

Is there somewhere in the UI where it is stating that the user has completed the course?
Are all the configured criteria for course completion actually met?
Are scheduled tasks running correctly in the background - there is a scheduled task that calculates course completion, from the configured criteria, if that has not run (or is hitting errors), then the completion will not be recorded.

door Sushma R -
Yes, in Activity completion report is shows all modules completed.
->in this case, there is no mandatory set,
->if scheduled tasks are not running properly, then why are we facing issues with only for few set of courses?
1 more point to add here
I am not able to see the course completion report option if i navigation is the given steps (course->settings-> more -> reports ).
Als antwoord op Sushma R

door Davo Smith -
I completion enabled for the course?

Are the activities configured as completion criteria for the course?

door Sushma R -
HI Davo,

I completion enabled for the course? -> Yes
Are the activities configured as completion criteria for the course? -> No. 
if the completion criteria is not set then course completion table's timecompleted is not getting updated, Is that how it is? If Yes, can you please share me a link, which supports this.
Als antwoord op Sushma R

door Davo Smith -
If you have not configured any completion criteria for the course, then Moodle has no way of knowing when you are expecting it to mark the course as "complete", so the course will never be marked as complete.

There is plenty of documentation on how to configure course completion in the Moodle docs: https://docs.moodle.org/en/Course_completion

door Tagnavi M Y -

hi Davo Smith,

i am also having a similar problem , i have enabled self completion of course for users, and the user has successfully marked the course as completed. But still in the mdl_course_completion, the time completed is null.

(i logged in from a different browser as user to mark the course as completed, i am just learning moodle, )

Als antwoord op Tagnavi M Y

door Krishna Mohan Prasad -
Foto van Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto van Plugin developers
Hi Tagnavi M Y,
Is cron enabled and running ? If cron is not running completion will not be marked.

Thanks
Als antwoord op Krishna Mohan Prasad

door Tagnavi M Y -

yes,Krishna Mohan Prasad  the cron is running.

but still the time completed is showing null.

Bijlage Screenshot (222).png
Als antwoord op Tagnavi M Y

door Krishna Mohan Prasad -
Foto van Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto van Plugin developers
Hi Tagnavi M Y,
I can see that your reaggregate column is set so you must have done configuration changes to reaggregate course completions. So I hope next cron run will reaggregate the users completion and mark their completion.

Thanks
Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen: Useful (1)