Need help with github actions

Need help with github actions

Jean-Roch Meurisse -
Vastausten määrä: 1
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Plugin developers Kuva: Testers

Hi there,

I recently moved from Travis-CI to github actions and I'm encountering some issues.

1. Mustache Lint: I get a lot of warnings with "partials", like The “aria-controls” attribute must point to an element in the same document  I guess this is because the "aria-controls" target is in another mustache template... How can I fix this?

1. I get the message File is stale and needs to be rebuilt for every .js.map files and sometimes with .min.js files as well . Minified  and map files are generated using Moodle's Gruntfile.js with node 16.14.1 on Moodle 3.11.6

Any hints?

Arviointien keskiarvo:Useful (1)
Vastaus Jean-Roch Meurisse

Re: Need help with github actions

Jonathan Champ -
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Plugin developers
I have a bunch of issues with the mustache linting too. I don't know enough about Mustache/Ionic to know how to fix it while still passing the basic HTML validator. Sadly, I do know how to get it to ignore specific files when the action runs via MUSTACHE_IGNORE_NAME. Example: https://github.com/ncstate-delta/moodle-mod_zoom/blob/f17423064ab34c648abbf527b82a54b5a0d71433/.github/workflows/ci.yml#L80

For the "file is stale and needs to be rebuilt", that means that your compiled versions don't match Moodle's dynamically compiled versions. Moodle very recently applied changes to almost all of the branches for the JavaScript binary formats because there was an issue with a library that's no longer supported. The fun part is that if you are running any tests against Moodle's master or MOODLE_400_STABLE branches, it is likely to give you different results because they dropped support for older browsers. Our plans is to continue shipping the version of the JavaScript in our plugin that maintains backwards compatibility for those older browsers until Moodle releases a Moodle LTS version with those changes (which should be Moodle 4.1).
Arviointien keskiarvo:Useful (2)