Moodle Mobile App requirements

Moodle Mobile App requirements

par Charlie Villa,
Nombre de réponses : 2

What are the requirements to be able to run the Moodle mobile app?

I am having trouble compiling/building the latest Android version on a Mac M1 Pro. I have been able to run iOS but I don't know why I can't get the Android app. About 6 months ago I was able to run the app using a Windows machine, but now I have changed my computer.

Are there any specific requirements? I currently have all my computer upgraded with:

• macOS Monterey
  • ionic CLI 6.19.0
  • node v16.13.2
  • Gradle 6.9.1
  • JVM: 1.8.0_322
  • Android Studio Bumblebee 2021.1.1
  • @angular/cli@13.2.6
  • @ionic/cli@6.19.0
  • cordova-res@0.15.4
  • cordova@11.0.0
  • expo-cli@5.0.3
  • ios-sim@9.0.0
  • native-run@1.5.0
Moyenne des évaluations  -
En réponse à Charlie Villa

Re: Moodle Mobile App requirements

par Noel De Martin,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Moodle HQ Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Peer reviewers Avatar Plugin developers

Hi there,

I'm not sure what the specific requirements are, but we use Ionic Framework so if you're having issues with your environment I'd suggest that you try building a blank Ionic application first. In particular, make sure that you're using v5 of the framework and cordova.

If that is already working, then maybe it's an issue with a plugin or something specific to our app. If that's the case, please share some more details on what issue you're having.

Also, check out this list of general advice on the documentation. For example, I see that you're using node v16 but we are developing the app on v14.

En réponse à Noel De Martin

Re: Moodle Mobile App requirements

par Charlie Villa,
Thanks, I managed to compile and run. What I did was downgrade all the frameworks to later versions dated about 7-8 months ago.