Custom certificate: prevent name changes on issued certificates

Custom certificate: prevent name changes on issued certificates

by Guillaume Kruger -
Number of replies: 6

Hi all, 

We are using the Custom Certificates plugin to issue certificates of completion.  It works great, but we need a way to "lock" the name and surname on a certificate once issued.  We have had a case where a student issued his own certificate, and then changed his profile to issue the same certificate to his friend.

How can we prevent this from happening?

Thanks. Guillaume

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Guillaume Kruger

Re: Custom certificate: prevent name changes on issued certificates

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Haha - students are so sneaky!  You would have to lock the user profile...that can be done in the admin settings.  Also, if you use the verification codes on the certificates, that would at least give you a way to double check validity...

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Thanks Emma for helping out. smile
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Guillaume Kruger -
Thanks Emma! Can you give me a bit more information on where in the admin settings I can lock the user profiles?
Guillaume

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Unfortunately locking the data that is generated on the fly is not possible at this point.
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Guillaume Kruger -
Thanks for the feedback Mark. Can this be added as a wishlist item? I am sure there are many other students like ours smile
Guillaume

by Mark Nelson -
You can certainly make that request but I don't think i'll be able to work on it anytime soon. If you have a patch or a developer willing to help that would be great.