Link Certificate to Badges

Link Certificate to Badges

by tom saccenti -
Number of replies: 6
Instead of linking the certificate to activity completion, is there a way to link it to BADGE completion since I have several badges that build upon eachother? 
Average of ratings: -
In reply to tom saccenti

Re: Link Certificate to Badges

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Unfortunately that is not possible, unless something has changed in Moodle core code I am not aware of.
In reply to Mark Nelson

by tom saccenti -
Mark, man am I glad your replied, thank you!!!!! Here is the trouble I am running into. I have set my "restrict access' to all three of the following (I have tried one at a time) and pointed it towards a "checklist' . My goal is for the certificate to be awarded upon completion of the checklist (100% completion). In all cases below the system has awarded the certificate to individuals who have completed it, have only completed some of it, or have completed none if it.. BUT.. it doesn't award it to everyone in the course, it is kindof random. 

Any thoughts? 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In reply to tom saccenti

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Are the certificates being award via email or when the user views them?
In reply to Mark Nelson

by tom saccenti -
Via email. How our system is set up (and its a bit odd) is the user isn't logging in on a regular basis, rather, the teacher is teaching sessions and logging completion of activities. Our goal is for the certificate to auto populate for future reference, award ceremonies, ect.
In reply to tom saccenti

by Mark Nelson -
I would log in as a student who was awarded it via email (who shouldn't have) and then view the course and see if they can see the certificate or not. If they can't then it's a bug.
In reply to tom saccenti

by Mark Nelson -
That would be a question to ask on the general forums as it applies to any activity.