Student export all his posts or assignments etc.

Student export all his posts or assignments etc.

by John Nicholson -
Number of replies: 8

Is there any way for a student to export/download all his forum posts? Or assignment submissions? Or journal entries?

Basically, is there a way for a student to export the work he has submitted during in a course? 

My searches keep surfacing ways for an admins to do this. But we'd like our students to be able to do this directly.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Nicholson

Re: Student export all his posts or assignments etc.

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I will try to tackle "forum posts." The student can go to their profile, to view it. On the student's profile page, in a box titled Miscellaneous, there are "forum posts" and "forum discussions" links. Clicking either of these will produce every reply, or every topic, respectively, that they created. Then they should be able to print to PDF (of course, depending upon their computer.)

by John Provasnik -

I send kids to their profile - select course to enter course-profile, select complete report - here their work and quiz attempts are all on one page - they can download uploaded assignment files, copy assignment online text to a word document, or launch a quiz attempt into a new windows and print the page as a pdf. 

Not directly east be less clicking than running through the course itself I think. 

In reply to John Provasnik

by Rick Jerz -
John, I don't see that students have access to "Complete Report" either on their profile or when they enter course-profile. Here is a screenshot of what my students can see. Can you provide a screenshot? Have you given permission to students to the "Complete Report" in some way?
Attachment no complete report.png
In reply to Rick Jerz

by John Nicholson -
Thanks for the quick reply Rick, I see the Forum Posts link that you mentioned. That covers part of what I needed. And John Provasnik added another option with the "Complete Report"

Yes, I have logged on in an incognito window as a student in a course and he is able to see and open the "Complete Report".  It is possible that at some point in the past I adjusted permissions to allow access by students to this report.  (Can't recall doing this now, but I am always tweaking and adjusting things.)

complete report link
In reply to Rick Jerz

by John Provasnik -
Yep! I believe it's the "Capabilities/report/outline:view" permission enabled for the "student" role. I think that provides access to both the Outline report and Complete report on the course-profile page (and possibly in a Navigation block)
In reply to John Provasnik

by John Nicholson -
John, Thanks so much for your quick reply. I somehow never knew that "Complete Report" was there and available to students. Since I am generally logged in as Admin I just assumed it was only for my eyes. I've been using Moodle now for probably 6 or 7 years and I am continually learning new things. Guess that's how it should be!

by John Nicholson -
Researching this a bit more, it looks like it might also be possible to add a "Print" button or a "Download as file" button to the TinyMCE text editor. This would give students another way to quickly save their posts one by one offline. (easier than copying and pasting)

by John Nicholson -
OK, I guess I am answering one of my own questions here. But adding a "print" button to the TinyMCE HTML Editor was extremely easy with a bit of advice I received from the company who manages our Moodle installations. (MoodleUS).

All I needed to do was add the text print,  In the TinyMCE plugin settings Editor Toolbar.  I chose to place the button just before the "fullscreen" button.

But thanks again also for pointing out the complete report which was available to students!

John

editor with print button

TinyMCE Settings