Error on line 83

Error on line 83

by faraz omar -
Number of replies: 13

Hi,

After uploading moodle through ftp, when i try to access the index.php i get this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: qualified_me() in /home/farazom/public_html/install.php on line 83

And some files of the it subfolder of the lang folder failed to upload too. I've tried uploading, overwrite/ skip/ resume many times.. rest all is uploaded well. I'm a newbie and really getting confused.

Faraz Omar

Average of ratings: -
In reply to faraz omar

Re: Error on line 83

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Are you sure you are not running out of disk space? Maybe your disk space is limited to a very low quantity.

Saludos. Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by faraz omar -

Thanks Inaki... I now have lots of disk space and the upload is done... but i'm facing another problem... there's an error during installation -

The 'Data Directory' you specified could not be found or created. Either correct the path or create that directory manually.

I checked in the forums and found this link , it was the same issue, but there isn't a resolution in the end however... the moodler seems to have got his issue corrected somehow...

I have set permissions to 700 to the moodledata folder, as in the security docs.. put the moodledata folder in different places, tried manually editing install.php and give the address... still it doesnt seem to be working.

Regards,

Faraz Omar

In reply to faraz omar

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Timothy Takemoto -

Minor point but it is the path to the data folder, not a URL, yes?

I tried 701 on mine but, for reasons I know not, it would not work until the data directory was 770, due to the setup of my server.

Tim

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by faraz omar -

Thanks David & Timothy... Finally the installation n setting up of databases is complete... i reset the permissions to 777 and it seemed to work and moved the folder where I had the moodle files i.e. in the root itself as I haven't put moodle in a seperate folder.

Faraz Omar

In reply to faraz omar

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The permissions have to take into account who created the data directory. If it was you, you will be the owner and your web service user (apache or whatever you use) won't be able to write to that directory unless you set your permissions to 757 or 777. If the directory was created by your web service user, 700 is just enough.

So have a look at the directory and see who is the owner of the it and adjust the permissions accordingly.

Saludos. Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Norbert Berger -
Sorry to ask a silly question: How do I determine the owner of a directory?
Thanks for bothering

Norbert
In reply to Norbert Berger

In reply to Deleted user

by Norbert Berger -
Hi David

Thanks for your advice.

Can I do this in a Control Panel application like VDeck on a hosting service? I don't think I can call up an interface to execute anything like a command, all I see is a directory listing with 777 or 755 for directories and 644 or other numbers for files. I can ftp there, but can't figure out how to execute anything like this.

Norbert

In reply to Deleted user

by Norbert Berger -
Hi

Can't see anything on VDeck, but will enquire. Might come back if I do have such access.

Thanks

Norbert

by Iñaki Arenaza -
If you can ftp there, issuing a 'dir' command will show you the same information that executing 'ls -al' at the shell prompt would.

Saludos. Iñaki.