Totp and moodle

Totp and moodle

by Luigi Luigi -
Number of replies: 4

Hi , how i could enable the Totp app and moodle login? i didn't found article about how to set.

Somebody have just did it ? i have installate the plugin but how i could set it on a user or group?

Thanks

Luigi

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luigi Luigi

Ri: Totp and moodle

by Luigi Luigi -
In reply to Luigi Luigi

Re: Ri: Totp and moodle

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Luigi,

I understand you've reached out to our sales team to investigate your options for commercial support, but in the meantime, make sure you've read through and understand the "configuration" and "points" section of the readme:
https://github.com/catalyst/moodle-tool_mfa#configuration

Just be really careful not to accidentally configure the plugin in a way that prevents you as Admin from being able to login - we see a few reports of people accidentally locking themselves out of their moodle sites.

Once you've got the configuration set, users should be able to login and set up their totp.
In reply to Dan Marsden

Ri: Re: Ri: Totp and moodle

by Luigi Luigi -

Hi dan thanks a lot for your answer , i uave installed the module but totp setting doesnt appear

In autenticatiin metod there isn’t

Inhave read all documentati in but how i could ad TOTP in autentication method of user ?

Thanks 

Example 1

If you have 3 factors configured, all factors default to 100 points effectiely making any of then enough to login:

auth=saml => 100
iprange => 100
totp => 100

In reply to Luigi Luigi

Re: Ri: Re: Ri: Totp and moodle

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
For the minimum requirements to get totp working, you will need to go to admin > tools > Multi-factor authentication
1) Enable the Authenticator app factor on the manage mfa page. (click on the eye symbol)
2) MFA plugin enabled set to "on" (checkbox)

Make any other configuration changes to fit your requirements.

Then if you want to set up your own factors before logging in again, you can go to the user preferences page (yoursite.com/user/preferences.php) and click on the link "Multi-factor authentication preferences" and you should see the options to configure it there.

Make sure you don't logout without testing that it hasn't broken your login process - as mentioned before, an incorrect configuration can prevent you from being able to log back into your moodle site.

good luck!
Average of ratings: Useful (2)