1025 grades

1025 grades

by John Hemmer -
Number of replies: 9
I teach on a course where for one unit of the course there are 1025 different possible grade outcomes.  Using "grades" on Moodle would require a very long pop-up menu ( and yes, Moodle will accept a pop-up menu in grades with over 1000 different outcomes but it takes about 8 seconds to scroll through them).

So, how can I directly input grades without having to use a menu - why can't I just type them in
In reply to John Hemmer

Re: 1025 grades

by Dee Kramer -
We are using:

We are using: linuxbox.com/tiki/tiki-index.php?page+moodle_gradebook.

This allows professors to Edit right on the spreadsheet.

In reply to Dee Kramer

by John Hemmer -
Thanks for that but if I edit the spreadsheet directly what is the point in using Moodle at all as I presume the students will not be able to see the spreadsheet and therefore will not be able to see their grades
In reply to John Hemmer

by Michael Penney -
The "spreadsheet" is in the Moodle gradebook (in gradebookplus in CVS/contrib). The students still just see their individual grades.
In reply to Dee Kramer

by Josep M. Fontana -
Dee,

I clicked on the link you posted and it takes me to The Linux Box home page. I don't see any information that is relevant to this discussion about editing right on a spreadsheet and having grades be visible in Moodle.

Josep M.
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

by Dariem Garcés Urquiza -
Hi josep..
try this.. is a gradebookplus taken from humboldt..they added an edit spreadsheet it's work fine..
Dariem (Demian)
In reply to Dariem Garcés Urquiza

by Diane Salamone -

Dariem,

I am looking for a gradebook that just allows the user to input class grades, not necessarily from activities within Moodle.  Do you know if the gradebookplus.zip file you posted from Humboldt will do this? 

Also, where do I find instructions on what to do with the files once I unzip them

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Diane