What happens to course formats in 4.0?

What happens to course formats in 4.0?

napisao/la Liisi Järve -
Broj odgovora: 5

Hi!

First of all I apologise for all of the ignorant questions coming up, but lately we have really started to think what is going to happen to our current course formats should we decide to move on to 4.0 (actually planned for summer 2023, but still interesting to plan already in advance).

At the moment, we are using mostly Tiles and Collapsed topics format for our courses, but are they still going to look the same and work with 4.0? Because we are putting a lot of effort in developing the courses (both hours by lecturers and instructional designers). And also we have created banners in a particular size for each course (3.9). Do we now have to change all of those again after 4.0 upgrade?

Also what happens to this https://labs.bdecent.de/course/view.php?id=124 in 4.0 or what happens to all of the courses where we have at the moment used Rise360?

Does anyone have any information about testing different formats with 4.0, because I think it is really important when deciding if and when to upgrade to 4.0?

Thank you! =)

Prosjek ocjena:Useful (1)
Odgovor na Liisi Järve

Re: What happens to course formats in 4.0?

napisao/la Bob Gilmore -
while i cant answer all your questions, collapsed topics appeaes to be in by default.
Odgovor na Bob Gilmore

napisao/la Mary Cooch -
Slika Moodle HQ team
I'm not sure what you mean by "collapsed topics appears to be in by default"? Collapsed topics is not a part of Moodle 4.0, although perhaps I misunderstood you and you were referring to the new navigation/display between topic sections.
Odgovor na Mary Cooch

napisao/la Bob Gilmore -

Yeah, this is the collapsible topics format plugin:

And this is what we're currently seeing on qa.moodledemo.net

So it's doing a lot of what the collapsable topics format plugin does now, although that has a few extra settings, including collapsed by default.

Odgovor na Liisi Järve

napisao/la Brad Nielsen -

I have the same concern, at my school, we use the Multi-topic Format so that teachers can include sub- sections into their Courses. 

I am very concerned that Moodle 4.0 will completely destroy the Multi-topic Course Format

I also think Moodle has to start allowing Course Sections to contain other Course Sections..