Copy course not saving enrollment settings

Copy course not saving enrollment settings

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I am copying courses using the Copy Course feature.  The enrollment method is copied across but the settings are not copied from the existing course.  In the existing course, for example, the enrollment method is limited to a cohort but the setting is blank in the new course.  Also the welcome letter is customized and that does not copy across either.

Does anyone have to way to fix this (will hack core if need be)?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Copy course not saving enrollment settings

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Moodle version? What happens when you backup and restore the course? Same issue? Where is the 'Welcome letter' written / stored? What is the course format?

But... I would have thought that the enrolments would not be copied as logically a course is about its content, not its enrolments, so the perspective is the need to copy a course, then adjust its content for the needs of other students.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks Gareth - on 3.9.2 (which very much surprised me - guess I only upgraded one of my sites!) - using Collapsed Topics - backup and restore does indeed copy over enrollment settings (this is for self-enrollment plugin). Welcome letter in the enrollment settings. So it is just the course copy - maybe I will think about upgrading.
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Ok.... so does the same issue happen with the Topics format on 3.9.2? If so then does a M3.11 test site have the issue? If not then could this then be a CT issue? But I'd be a bit stumped as to what code I'd written would break it.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Emma Richardson -
Ok good news for you - it has nothing to do with the Course Format - it just simply does not work in course copy - in fact in 3.11 it disabled the method but that is probably because I don't have it set to be added to every new course. It would be nice if I could just set more defaults for that enrollment method but that is for the enrollment forum and I am the moderator there so that doesn't help me much ...lol! Maybe I need to take a look at the self-enrollment code - maybe I can hard code in my defaults. Strange that backup and restore takes it over though and copy doesn't. Thanks for helping me work through it, Gareth.