Student / discontinued Moodle Desktop MacOS

Student / discontinued Moodle Desktop MacOS

von Maggie Li -
Anzahl Antworten: 2

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's okay to add such a post. If not, let me know, and I will delete it.

I am contacting you regarding the discontinued Moodle Desktop App for iOS.

In your post from 2021, you explain that you decided to discontinue the App for several reasons. Among them, you list that Apple will (did) provide a possibility of using iOS and iPadOS based apps on macOS systems in its updates.

I am sure there exist several students like me who made the mistake of buying the new MacBook Air in 2019 lächelnd

Now, there is no point for us to buy a newer MacBook after just three years, and at the same time, iOS apps don't work for us because our MacBooks Air 2019 lack the M1 chip.

I have noticed that the Desktop App is still available in the Swedish AppStore and theoretically works on MacBooks like mine. However, when I try to add my Moodle page, it continuously asks me to upgrade to version 3.9.4. That is, of course, not possible.

I wondered if you would be willing to consider allowing users like myself to run the 3.9.2 App (therefore, remove the request of an update that blocks us from the access)? Would that be something possible to do?

Best regards

Maggie

Mittelwert:  -
Als Antwort auf Maggie Li

Re: Student / discontinued Moodle Desktop MacOS

von Isabel Renedo -
Nutzerbild von Moodle HQ Nutzerbild von Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi Maggie,

The Moodle Desktop you are using was discontinued on 2019.

it continuously asks me to upgrade to version 3.9.4”, this is something configured by the site administrators of the Moodle site you are trying to log in. Some site administrators prefer their users to use the latest version of the Moodle app that is 3.9.5

("Site Administrators" are the people who manages the Moodle at your school/university/company or learning organisation. )

Kind regards,

Isabel
Als Antwort auf Isabel Renedo

Re: Student / discontinued Moodle Desktop MacOS

von Maggie Li -

Hi Isabel,

Thank you for the explanation! I understand now.

Best regards,

Maggie