How to use multiple LDAP servers with Moodle 3.11?

How to use multiple LDAP servers with Moodle 3.11?

by Ey Marieb -
Number of replies: 5
Hello all,

I'm sorry for a duplicate thread as I can't seem to provide a reply to this thread : https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=74279

I wanted to ask how to start setting up Multiple LDAP servers in the Moodle's latest version? Also during version upgrades, how do you usually proceed with the upgrade while having multiple LDAP server setup?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ey Marieb

Re: How to use multiple LDAP servers with Moodle 3.11?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Inaki has patches posted that you run on the version of moodle that the patch is designed for. My upgrade solution is that I don't do anything until it breaks and then I see if Inaki has a new script and then you get to run it again...(that might not be the best solution but it works for me!)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Ey Marieb -
Thanks so much for the response and insights Emma. Do you have any success of using the latest patch (3.7) to the latest 3.11.5 version of Moodle?
In reply to Ey Marieb

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes, I have a site on 3.11 that I have not upgraded the ldap cloned modules for some time. If 3.7 is the last one, then you should be fine...if you run into trouble, clone a 3.7 ldap module and then install that into your 3.11 site and it should be fine. (Run on a test site first to be sure).
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ey Marieb

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Ey Marieb,

as the old thread was blocked, I couldn't post updated patched in it. There was another thread that was open at the time I created patch versions for Moodle 3.9.x, 3.10.x and 3.11.x. It's available here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=425282

I don't have any patches newer that those ones at the moment.

Saludos.

Iñaki.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Ey Marieb -
Thank you very much for this sending this Inaki! The latest 3.11.x patch works well on version 3.11.5 upon initial patch. We haven't tried connecting to our AD yet but I'll update here if there will be issues.

Thank you again!