Assignment grading interface - unsaved changes' management

Assignment grading interface - unsaved changes' management

autor Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai -
Počet odpovědí: 5

Hi there,

I have a suggestion regarding to the assignment grading interface on the grader page (mod/assign/view.php?id=4321&rownum=0&action=grader&userid=1234):

When you are on that page, have unsaved changes and try to navigate to another student this pop-up shows up:

From my point of view a third button called "Discard changes and continue" should be added there.

I know that outside that pop-up there is a button on the footer of that page that discards unsaved changes but that button is called "Reset".

That text isn't accurate and some teachers are afraid of clicking on it because they think it would reset all the grading information of the student when it actually only discards the unsaved changes, so I'd suggest to change that text to "Discard unsaved changes" of something similar.

So my suggestion would actually be two suggestions:

• Add a third button to the pop-up called "Discard unsaved changes and continue"
  • Change the text of the Reset button on the footer to "Discard unsaved changes" (*)

(*): I've been looking at that language string and found that it uses the reset string of the core package. That string is used in many other places, so just changing that string isn't a good idea and instead of that it would be better to add a new language string for this button.

Průměr hodnocení: Useful (4)
V odpovědi na Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai

Re: Assignment grading interface - unsaved changes' management

autor Przemek Kaszubski -
I second that, or else just sth like "Cancel" to simply back out?

I also think there should be an option like "Save and close" (i.e. to return to the Show all submissions page.)

I was also thinking that the Auto-save feature of the HTML editor could be disabled on the assignment grading pages. Sometimes i just leave the grading page open in a browser tab and come back to it later. Even if I had NOT been adding anything, the grading page always bugs me about unsaved changes when I just want to close and go somewhere else...
V odpovědi na Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai

Re: Assignment grading interface - unsaved changes' management

autor Uli Mauersberg -
Thanks for raising this. Definitely some great areas that need addressing, particularly around button standards and making sure that the button makes sense to the interaction that the user expects. We are adopting this type of insight into our teams design thinking.