View All Assignments By Student

View All Assignments By Student

by Evan Schwarz -
Number of replies: 4

Using Moodle Workplace 3.11

I have a course in which all students in our program are enrolled (about 100). This course contains a lot of assignments that are completed throughout our program, at various times divided into phases. 

Therefore, the teacher needs to grade numerous assignments at once per student, however, this does not seem to be doable from one screen and appears to require a very tedious scroll, find the assignment, then filter by the student---for each assignment.

The Outline Report shows the date of the submission and the grade. Clicking the assignment brings you to the assignment's main page, where I would still need to filter by that particular student--very tedious.
The Complete Report is slightly better, in that it shows the online text for the assignment or a link to the file, but no ability to set the grade. 

Is there a way to view and grade all submissions by student? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Evan Schwarz

Re: View All Assignments By Student

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Not that I know of in core moodle.  Per assignment grading is a much more common need.  Could be something in Workplace but that would be a question for whoever you are paying for Workplace...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Evan Schwarz -
Thanks, I'll check with them next. Maybe a custom report?
A reasonable alternative I found: The student's Overview Report and Single View Grades for the course in side by side windows. Clunky, takes a bunch of clicks to achieve.
In reply to Evan Schwarz

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
There are two custom reports on teh Ad-hoc contributed reports page which you could use in the Configurable Reports plugin to do this: All ungraded Assignments with Link https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/ad-hoc_contributed_reports#All_Ungraded_Assignments_w.2F_Link and perhaps "Users who have overdue assignments" https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/ad-hoc_contributed_reports#Users_who_have_overdue_assignments
In reply to Evan Schwarz

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Have you seen or heard about the Grade Me block? Before I retired from teaching I had it set on the front page of my Moodle with it set to, Display throughout the entire site. Whenever anyone with the role of teacher was on a page in Moodle, if there was anything that needed grading, it would show up in the Grade Me block. To make things easier, I gave a front page role of teacher to the four teachers in the Moodle. This made it such that we were never more than two clicks away from being able to grade someones work. Out of the box it worked with a limited number of the main Moodle default activities, but used a plugin system so that I was able to add a few others for my own use.