End-user unable to download Certificate

End-user unable to download Certificate

by Rock E. FELLER -
Number of replies: 4

Good Day,

One of my end-users finds himself unable to download Certificate, of an exam he passed 3 months ago.

When clicking on the "download Certificate" button, an error message is showing:

Multiple records found, only one record expected.

What does this mean? Could you help me investigate, please?

Many thanks in anticipation!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rock E. FELLER

Re: End-user unable to download Certificate

by Rock E. FELLER -
Anyone, please?
Thank you very much smile

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
As an instructor or administrator select the Certificate activity - this view lists all students awarded the certificate.
Does the student have multiple rows in the view?

Kind Regards
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Rock E. FELLER -
Hey Shirley,
In the meantime, I invited several ppl to think about the problem and create a synergy.
We finally managed to resolve the issue by removing the certificate from the moodle graphical interface, rather than on the SQL database. I didn't know this was possible, but, at the end of day, yes it is.
And to answer your question, yes, there were 2 rows in the db containing the same certificate for the same user, hence the error message. Makes perfect sense.
All good now, Resolved!
Thank you Shirley Gregorczyk!

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hm, there should never be more than one issue for a certificate per user so sounds like there was/is a bug in the code. Glad you got it sorted and appreciate your help Shirley. If you ever discover how this situation came to be please file a report at https://github.com/mdjnelson/moodle-mod_customcert/issues with replicaton steps. Thanks!