Renaming "Dashboard"

Renaming "Dashboard"

eftir Noam Campbell -
Number of replies: 13

Hi there,

for our Moodle presence (Moodle 3.5, Boost) we would like to rename "Dashboard". So we succesfully renamed in the navdrawer by  changing the value of language string "sitehome". But that did not change the value in the drop down menu, which still says "Dashboard":

user menu

Can you say how to change that String for dashboard in  the drop down menu ?

Thanks a lot !

Best,

Noam

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Noam Campbell

Re: Renaming "Dashboard"

eftir Gareth J Barnard -
Mynd av Core developers Mynd av Particularly helpful Moodlers Mynd av Plugin developers
How exactly did you rename the string please?
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

eftir Noam Campbell -
Hi,

for the German translation we want special word say "Schreibtisch". So i adjusted the language pack via the web interface.

Best,

Noam

eftir Gareth J Barnard -
Mynd av Core developers Mynd av Particularly helpful Moodlers Mynd av Plugin developers
So after doing so, did you switch to German as the screen shot is in English?

eftir Noam Campbell -
Hi,

so I changed above settings with an admin User (site admin ). For that user as well as for other admins it is still "Dashboard" in stead of "Schreibtisch". "Normal Users" now see "Schreibtisch for the German version.

Of course i deleted Moodle and browser cache each time.

Best,

Noam

eftir Gareth J Barnard -
So are the users with the issue, using the site in English or German?

eftir Noam Campbell -
Hi Gareth,

sorry for my late answer ... and thanks for your patience!
This is still not solved. The behaviour of the users is different with regard to this.

German is the default language. Non the less, for each user i switch from German to English and back from English to German.
So if I create a new user as administrator in the backend, this particular user sees the German translation "Schreibtisch". The same goes for users we created as admin in the past. However if somebody creates new user via self-registration he still sees dashboard.

...would be grateful for further hints !!

Best,

Noam

eftir Gareth J Barnard -
Has the course language been forced to English in the course settings? Or such for a the given user i.e. their language is not German?  Or something like that?

eftir Noam Campbell -
Hi Gareth,

excuse me .... they use the German site ...
I always clicked "delete all cache". Maybe there is a special theme cache ...

Best,

Noam

eftir Gareth J Barnard -
There is a theme cache, but that does not pertain to the language strings. Ok, they might be using a German site, however at different levels its is possible to specify that a given language is set, thus this has been done by accident with the problematic users / courses etc.

eftir Gareth J Barnard -
Ok, I now believe that this is a 'Language' and not a theme issue, so am going to move it to that forum where you should receive a more specific set of eyes on it.

Gareth

eftir Randy Thornton -
Mynd av Documentation writers
The string in the User menu is not the same as the string in the Navdrawer.

The User menu string is:
Component: core admin (select the admin.php file)
String: mymoodle

Attachment screenshot_11215.jpg
Attachment screenshot_11216.jpg
Average of ratings:Useful (3)
In reply to Randy Thornton

eftir Hugo Ribeiro -
Mynd av Particularly helpful Moodlers Mynd av Plugin developers Mynd av Testers
Next time you could check which string is being used by checking debugstringids in Admin Debug settings. Then you can add the parameter strings=1 in the URL to check every strings being used
Average of ratings:Useful (3)
In reply to Hugo Ribeiro

eftir Randy Thornton -
Mynd av Documentation writers
Hugo, that's good tip for everyone. That's how I always find them in fact.