install plugin acess and Validation

install plugin acess and Validation

by Ehsan Kamyab -
Number of replies: 2

hi

i want install plugin with webserver user,when uploaded zip file on moodle and then install message show cant acess and Validation

what permission directory need for install plugin? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ehsan Kamyab

Re: install plugin acess and Validation

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Ehsan,

It depends on your operating system. On Linux for example, you and your web server need read (r) and write (w) permissions to the files and directories in order to install or delete a plugin. To just use the plugin, your web server just needs read permissions.

Some people think that you also need the execute (x) permissions on PHP files however this is not required. PHP files are not executed by the operating system. They read and interpreted by PHP. Therefore, only read permissions are required.

However, you do need execute (x) permissions on the directory in order to be able to delete files and directories (i.e. uninstall plugins).

These permissions can be configured using ownership (o) or group (g) membership (recommended). You could also do it using other (o) but this is not recommended for security reasons.

As for which directory, that depends on the type of plugin you are installing. For example, a module will be installed in /mod, a filter in /filters, a block in /blocks, an enrolment plugin in /enrol, a report in /report, etc.. Unlike some applications like Drupal, there is no separate directory for plugins that you add to Moodle.

If you are running your server on Windows, things are similar but a little different. If this is your case, let us know or consult the documentation for your particular platform.

Hope you find this helpful.

Best regards,

Michael Milette
In reply to Michael Milette

Re: install plugin acess and Validation

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Small correction to my previous post. Moodle filters are located under /filter (no "s" at the end).