Invitation enrolment plugin for Moodle LMS

Invitation enrolment plugin for Moodle LMS

by Michael Milette -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Moodle Community!

TNG Consulting Inc. recently published an update to an enrolment plug-in that we adopted called Invitation. Now maintained by Michael Milette (that's me!), this release is compatible with currently supported versions of Moodle.

Invitation enables teachers, managers and administrators to send email invitations to people who can then use an included link to automatically enrol in the course or reject the invitation.

Some of the features of this plugin include:

• Controlling who can use Invitation by configuring permissions. By default, teachers, managers and administrators can send invitations.
  • Adding a custom message in the invitation.
  • Viewing the history of past invitations including their current status.
  • Resending expired invitations or sending reminder invitations - as long as the invitee has not rejected the invitation.
  • Revoking an invitation - if it has not yet been accepted.
  • Being able to not only invite users with existing accounts but those who don't have accounts yet - they will still need to create an account if they don't already have one.
  • Setting an expiry for the invitation links.
  • Customizable invitation subject and message.

You can download the Invitation plugin at: https://moodle.org/plugins/enrol_invitation

The Invitation plugin page includes a link to the README file which is where you can find information on how to install and use this useful plugin, as well as screenshots of what you should expect to see if using the Boost theme. There is also a Bug Tracker that you can use to request a new feature or report a bug. Contributions are welcome.

Hope you find this useful. Feel free to post questions.

Best regards,

Michael Milette

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Milette

Re: Invitation enrolment plugin for Moodle LMS

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi again,

One more thing... I did not tested Invitation further back than Moodle 3.9 but, in theory, the code looks like it might be compatible all the way as far back as Moodle 2.7 or even 2.2.

If you find that it works in a version of Moodle not listed on the plugin's page (check the current list), let me know!

Best regards,

Michael
In reply to Michael Milette

Re: Invitation enrolment plugin for Moodle LMS

by Yosmarvi Araujo -
Hi, I'm using Invitation enrollment, it works fine when sending invitations with gmail emails, but it doesn't send them with corporate emails. Could you support me? Thank you.