Competency not getting marked complete for old/already completed courses

Competency not getting marked complete for old/already completed courses

by Ashwini Borole -
Number of replies: 1
Hi,

I am trying to set up a competency framework for my organization.

We used to conduct induction programs by using moodle courses for 3-4 yrs. Now I wish to create a competency for the same.

I have done the following:
  1. Created the competency framework for all mandatory courses.  
  2. Linked those courses with competencies by setting course completion as competency completion. As of now, it is a 1-1 mapping for course and competency.
  3. Created a learning plan and added mandatory courses in the same.
Many of the participants have already completed these courses prior to the implementation of competency mapping. Competency is not getting marked for them. However, if any new user completes the course, for him it works properly.
For existing participants, I tried to mark the activity as incomplete and then again marked that activity as complete. After this competency got marked as completed.

Can anyone help me to deal with this situation? As I want to do competency as an ongoing activity for my organization.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ashwini Borole

Re: Competency not getting marked complete for old/already completed courses

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Moodle does not look back to award competency success. It is very important to setup the competency relationship to the course before student's start their course work.
You can mark the activity as incomplete, and then complete as you have done. Note, that will change your student's date of completion if you need that for any compliance reporting.
You can also use the Course Admin>Report>Competency Breakdown and Rate each student and add for the Evidence a Note: Student successfully completed the course on MM/DD/YYYYY.
This is labor intensive, but it keeps the student's completion correct of the Activity and Completion Reports and it you use the Recompletion plug-in the dates of activity completion are critical for the recomplete resets.
Kind Regards
Average of ratings:Useful (1)