Customize enrolment notification email message

Customize enrolment notification email message

by Jevon Davis -
Number of replies: 7

Good day

Where do i go to customize the message body of the email notification that is sent to the enrolled email address.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jevon Davis

Re: Customize enrolment notification email message

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
In the enrollment method settings...
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Ard van Someren -

I've got the same kind of question. But I am specific looking to change the message of a manual enrollment. It looks like it is not possible to change them message from the enrollment method.

In reply to Ard van Someren

by Chris M -
Hi,
I come up with a similar question - I hope that after a few months we have managed to find a solution to this, imho quite obvious, matter.
Ard, Jevon - maybe you managed to find a working solution?

As long as we are talking about the self-enrollment method for the student, maybe the notification is not so much necessary (we can expect that a student will remember to which course the enroll button was clicked moments ago. And this topic we can cover in self-enrollment "welcome to course" message). But in such case the teacher is left without any kind of information about newly enrolled participants and is doomed to verify the list of participants from time to time (or at least I don't get any notification about such enrollment). E-mail information about the new enrolled student would be very convenient.

Another case is when the teacher enrolls the student (using "manual enrollment" or a "cohort sync"). Such automatic notification (to enrolled students) would also be a great help for them. I don't like writing an email to all of the students (and rewriting email addresses one by one) and sending them such notification (and using Forum functionality for this purpose is imho not the proper way - it is like using hammer to drive the screw ;) ).

From my perspective, the less aware person (who did not trigger the enrollment) will still remain at the same level of awareness about someone new in the course.

Together with my fellow administrator, we tried to find out how to set up notifications. No success.
Btw. the Insights emails were sent regularly to my inbox, fellow administrator gets the notification about new moodle updates - it looks that the messaging via emails is working in our case.

Would you be so kind to share some hints or how you solve such topic?
Maybe there are some suitable plugins for that (I don't find any that covers the teachers' notification)?

kind regards,
Chris
In reply to Chris M

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
You could use built in Events feature to handle this. The teacher would have to subscribe to the Event notification but that would take care of the teacher notification. As for a student email, you might be able to handle this with the Reengagement plugin.
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Chris M -
Many thanks Emma for your rapid support.

I thought about Event monitor but this feature defeats me twice already sad
I checked the Event list again and tried one more time with the event called "User enrolled in course".

I managed to create a rule and subscribe to it which is more than a half of success smile Many thanks for your post - you give me some boost here smile

I would like to adjust the notification as much as possible, so I would like to ask you about one more thing: do you know maybe whether it is doable to get somehow a course name as a variable in such reporting?
Documentation shows rulename, eventname, modulelink, link and description (written all in curly brackets) as variables. Modulelink doesn't work in my case and it looks that this variable is the nearest to my need (I get {modulelink} in my email, not anything more specific like via other variables).
Having a link (to the participants list - via {link} ) is good enough, but it would be even better to provide the notification with the name to the course (especially if a teacher is responsible for many courses).

When it comes to Reengagement plugin - I will check it later/tomorrow and will come back with my comments (I think similar topic like mine or guys in this thread is reoccurring over and over again and maybe my confirmation will help others).

thanks!
In reply to Chris M

by Stefan Scholz -
Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Chris,

You can also try out our pulse plugin. It can (just like reengagement) send notifications to students and supports placeholders like course name, student name, teacher name etc.

https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_pulse

Any questions, feel free to ask me!
Best
Stefan
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Stefan Scholz

by Chris M -
Thanks Stefan,
I will try Pulse plugin and after that I will come back here with my comments (maybe someone will find it useful).
Of course in case of any questions or issues I will ask you for sure.

take care,
Krzysiek