FastTest PlugIn - A new Moodle plugin

FastTest PlugIn - A new Moodle plugin

by Milagros Huerta Gómez de Merodio -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Plugin developers

Hello everybody.

I would like to introduce you to the plugin that I have created for the quiz. It has recently been approved as a Moodle plugin. This plugin generates the XML file to import into Moodle, for many question types (including Cloze).

You can see the plugin in the folowing link: https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?id=2831

To use it you need to have Excel and preferably Windows (it doesn't work quite well with Mac).

The plugin is in Spanish, English and French. It is also in Italian, Portuguese and German, although these 3 have been translated with Google Translator. You have an option to include any language that Google Translator has.

The video tutorials are in Spanish, but most of them are subtitled and you can put the automatic translation.

P.D .: Sorry, I'm Spanish and my English is not so good.

Best Regards

Milagros Huerta

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Milagros Huerta Gómez de Merodio

Re: FastTest PlugIn - A new Moodle plugin

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

¡Holá Milagros!

I expect Moodle users who use Microsoft Excel will find your plugin useful. As someone who has moved away from MS Word, Excel, etc. to LibreOffice for quite some time I regret that you have not created your plugin with an open source product such as LibreOffice. After all, Moodle itself is open source.

I also regret that you have not made your documentation available in English, for an international audience.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: FastTest PlugIn - A new Moodle plugin

by Milagros Huerta Gómez de Merodio -
Picture of Plugin developers
Thank you for your comments.

I know the fact that it is in Excel is inconvenient, but there are a lot of people who use that application.

You can put the plugin in English (and any language that Google supported) and almost all the tutorials have subtitles, even the index of the tutorials can be seen in any of those languages. 

All screens have a help button and it tells you what data to enter in each field. Also, I think that it is very intuitive and does not need a lot of learning time.
HELP

I have developed it in Excel because it is the program I know. I would like to have done it in a free office, but I am not a Computer Engineering (I am an Industrial Engineer) and it has already been difficult for me to do it in Excel VBA.
As a future project, when I have time, I will try to pass it to Libre Office.

Best regards
Average of ratings: Useful (3)