Moodle 4.0 megathread

Moodle 4.0 megathread

by Peter Moodle -
Number of replies: 1

Hi  guys,

We have built a custom theme for Moodle for a customer and are using this plugin in concert with that. It as been working very well so far.

However, due to our own custom theme and the upcoming 2022/2023 Moodle 4.0 changes to the theme, we are trying to anticipate any extra work we'll have to charge due to this update. 

Because it seemed wise to take the plugins we use into account as well, I'd like to ask Mark and the community wether they anticipate any trouble with the upcoming Moodle version in the context of this plugin? How fast can we expect an update? Anything we can do ourselves?

We know it's fairly early, but this client is a very big and bureaucratic one, and any and all information will be useful to us.

I also thought it might be good to start a general Moodle 4.0 megathread for the (undoubtedly volumous) questions that will appear.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Moodle

Re: Moodle 4.0 megathread

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I haven't tested this on Moodle 4.0 actually but I would assume there would be no changes needed in the plugin. Any changes would be in the theme and would most likely apply to all activities. Ill check it out possibly tonight to see what it looks like.