Course not recorded as complete

Course not recorded as complete

by Tracy Kreckman -
Number of replies: 15

I'm brand new to Moodle, and have several courses that I'm having difficulty getting Moodle to record as complete. The course is as simple as it gets--just click a link to open a PDF document or a video file and record that they did it. I have the Activity Completion set to Show activity as complete when conditions are met, and Student must view this activity to complete it. But after opening the document, the course only shows as 95% complete. What's the missing 5%? I need to create some dynamic rules for notification if the user doesn't complete the course, but can't put those rules into place if the course won't record as complete.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tracy Kreckman

Re: Course not recorded as complete

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Review the Course Completion settings - the course conditions may be different.
Kind Regards
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Tracy Kreckman -
The course conditions are set so that all they should have to do is view the activity for it to be recorded as complete. The odd thing is that it shows the activity has been completed for four people, but I can't get it to record as complete for everyone, including myself.
In reply to Tracy Kreckman

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
There are two places to set completion - one on the actual activity and one for the course. The activity settings state what is required to complete the activity. The course completion settings state what is required to complete the course. Perhaps something else is enabled for the course completion that you missed - if you could post screen shots of both areas here, that might help...
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Tracy Kreckman -
That was it! I had the activity completion set, but didn't have all the course completions set. Thanks so much!

by Lyra Rakusin -

Hi. I have the same problem. The course is showing that it is 95% complete even though this is my Course Completion Setting:

It's just these two quizzes. Am I doing something wrong?

In reply to Lyra Rakusin

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Do each of the quiz activities is their Activity Completion condition ? Such as, passing grade?
If there is a passing grade, did student achieve passing grades for both quizzes?
Kind Regards
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Lyra Rakusin -
Yes, the test student did get a passing grade. The Quizzes is set so that Activity is complete when a student receives a grade and passes. There are only 2 required activities for the course.

The problem is, the next course in the set won't be unlocked unless the course is complete.
In reply to Lyra Rakusin

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Can you show us your activity completion report and your quiz completion settings?

by Lyra Rakusin -
Do you think it could have something to do with the Gradebook setup? Originally, I didn't have categories. They don't need a grade to pass the course. Just that they complete the quizzes with a passing score (7 or 10).

Gradebook Set up:

Grade to pass:

Course Completion Settings

I use Moodle as a lecturer at a University. I am using Moodle Workplace for my consulting. I have not had to encounter this problem before.

Thank you for your support.
In reply to Lyra Rakusin

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Can you provide a screen capture for each of the quiz activities -
Quiz>Edit settings
Activity Completion

If the Require Grade and/or Require passing grade are selected, the next step would be to review you cron jobs.

These cron jobs will affect the Course Completion report.

Completion marks as started

Calculate regular completion data

These can be run manually.
Kind Regards
In reply to Lyra Rakusin

by Emma Richardson -
The gradebook has nothing to do with completion...we need to see the completion settings for each quiz...as Shirley showed below...

by Lyra Rakusin -

So, I failed to mention that we are working in a 'sandbox" and the cron settings were disabled. Our account guy is going to see if this will work. Fingers crossed!

by Lyra Rakusin -
Just so you see, our test case, Tim Wrench, shows that his recently accessed course is 100%, but on his dashboard, it is only 95%. The next course after Electricity 101 is still locked.

In reply to Lyra Rakusin

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
If the student clicks on the dashboard for Electricity 101 is should take him to the course page -
How are the course activities displayed? At 95% for the course it would seem one activity for the course is not marked as complete.

The block that is being displayed with the User's Profile - what does it represent? Course/Quiz or some other activity element of Electricity 101?
Kind Regards
In reply to Lyra Rakusin

by Tracy Kreckman -
Having both activity completion and course completion set fixed it for me. Sorry, I don't know why it's only showing 95% complete for you. Perhaps someone else here knows better.