Use SEB with proctoring plugin

Use SEB with proctoring plugin

av Azmat Ullah -
Antall svar: 4
Bilde av Plugin developers

Hi, 

I'm using proctoring plugin with safe exams browser (SEB) it shows me JS alert when I click on "Start attempt", the alert message is "You need to keep parent window open" and when I click ok then the quiz window become closed!

I tried locally its working fine.

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Azmat Ullah

Re: Use SEB with proctoring plugin

av Daniel Schneider -
I don't understand how this plugin should work. I tried to install it in a Moodle 3.9.11+ and tried it without SEB and with a quiz where I disabled "Require the use of Safe Exam Browser" (set to "No). I tried it in Safari and Firefox on Mac and I always got this error message "You need to keep parent window open" and couldn't start the quiz.

So I don't see why this should be an SEB issue. Do you have a demo Moodle where this plugin works (without SEB)?
Som svar til Daniel Schneider

av Daniel Schneider -
So for unknown reasons I was now suddenly able to use the plugin with Safari.

Regarding SEB for macOS, the plugin might be working as soon as the built-in SEB support in Moodle (4.0) will be updated, as currently the camera cannot be accessed in quizzes secured for SEB. See https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-72188
Som svar til Azmat Ullah

av Daniel Schneider -
The related issue mentioned by @Marco Lehre was fixed in SEB 3.3.2, see its downloads page.

Maybe you can try it out again with this SEB version?

On Mac/iOS, it should be possible to use this plugin with the just being released version SEB 3.1 and the updated SEB-Moodle integration plugin. This plugin didn't make it into Moodle 4.0, but its currently being integrated and should be available in a Moodle minor update soon. It will also be available in the Moodle plugin directory soon and can be installed/updated also in older Moodle versions.