What would be the problem if we use Quiz 1.5.3 in Moodle 1.6?

What would be the problem if we use Quiz 1.5.3 in Moodle 1.6?

ved Abdel-Elah Al-Ayyoub -
Antal besvarelser: 3
Hi Everybody,

We are facing troubles with the new version of the quiz module. This module is used heavily in our production site.

What would be the problem if we use an older version of the Quiz module (e.g . 1.5.3) in Moodle 1.6 ?   We already upgraded to 1.6-Beta and of course the quiz database tables have been automatically upgraded.

A quick response would be highly valued!

Regards!
--
Abdel-Elah
Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Abdel-Elah Al-Ayyoub

Re: What would be the problem if we use Quiz 1.5.3 in Moodle 1.6?

ved Martin Dougiamas -
Billede af Core developers Billede af Documentation writers Billede af Moodle HQ Billede af Particularly helpful Moodlers Billede af Plugin developers Billede af Testers
As you know, Beta versions are not meant for production sites.

What exactly are the bugs you are seeing? Fixing them may be easier than downgrading.

I suspect most of the problems you might be seeing have been fixed, but unfortunately CVS is down and updates are not coming through.
I svar til Martin Dougiamas

ved Abdel-Elah Al-Ayyoub -
Thanks for the prompt reply!

We had to take the risk as some of new features in 1.6 are badly needed.

There two bugs in the Quiz module:

1) We get the error message "The number of random questions required is more than are still available in the category!" even though we have more questions than actually selected.

2) Images do not display.

Regards!
--
Abdel-Elah

I svar til Abdel-Elah Al-Ayyoub

ved Gustav W Delius -
I would like to repeat Martin's warning: do NOT install a beta testing version of Moodle on a production site.

Your testing will be very helpful, please create a bug report in the bug tracker for any problem that you find.