Backup Fails at Phase 2

Backup Fails at Phase 2

by Jared Lelos -
Number of replies: 3

Hi I have been getting this error on all my courses

03:30 AM:03    Phase 2: Executing and copying:
03:30 AM:03        checking temp structures

The backup just stops after this but I don't know where to look to find out what this means. Phase 1 seems to go through just fine. The backup folder has permission of 707 but I tried changing it to 777 to no benefit. I have some of the website graphics in other subfolders and those are accessed ok so I can't see why it would be a permission problem.

Thanks

Jared

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jared Lelos

Automatic Backup Fails at Phase 2

by Francis Vendrell -
Dear all,

I have a systmatic error during the automatic backup process (exactly the same error mentionned in the previous message). dead
Changing the folder permission does not seem to sove the problem. black eye
Could somebody kindly give me a clue about how to solve this problem?
tongueout
Thanks

14:00:01    Phase 2: Executing and copying:
14:00:02        checking temp structures
14:00:02End backup course - ERROR!!
In reply to Francis Vendrell

Re: Automatic Backup Fails at Phase 2

by Jared Lelos -

I couldn't find the exact source of the problem and ended up creating a fresh install of Moodle.

I think the problem was due to a problem with Moodle not being able to actually create any files. I think this was related to some code in the activity locking not working correctly. As I couldn't even create a manual backup ended up just reinstalling moodle without the activity locking. Everything has been working fine since then.

I know this isn't too helpful because I didn't really solve the problem but I don't think it was permissions error but bad code.

HTH

Jared

In reply to Jared Lelos

Re: Automatic Backup Fails at Phase 2

by Francis Vendrell -

Thank you Jared for the clue.

However, I haven't installed at all the activity locking!

I think also that the problem is due to a problem with Moodle not being able to actually create any files, although I can perform manual backups.

I wasn't able to sort out my problem at all and I have no idea how I could do it. sad

Francis