Map of Course Participants with/without Course Completion

Map of Course Participants with/without Course Completion

by Dillon Richardson -
Number of replies: 9

How can I accomplish creating a map of current course participants and/or participants who completed a particular course in a course page or on a site (number of courses; bonus for being able to filter).?

Example below:

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dillon Richardson

Re: Map of Course Participants with/without Course Completion

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
First question - how do you know where your users are? Do you have that reliably stored somewhere?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Dillon Richardson -
We set the "Country" profile field as mandatory.

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
That looks like something that would require quite a few days or a small number of weeks of developer time. And to expand on Howards question, where would you expect the information to come from? One source would be the self reported country in users profiles, which is as good as or better than alternatives based on server log stuff.

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
These kinds of charts are easily produced with Tableau. You can connect Tableau to your Moodle database, and run whatever query you wish.  It appears to me that your example was created with Tableau.

Of course, the more you know about Tableau and SQL, the faster you can generate this chart.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Dillon Richardson -
Thank you, Rick, for your help. Is there an "easy guide" for linking my Moodle database and Tableau? I'm a beginner in this sense (I'm the admin of my Moodle site).

by Rick Jerz -
I don't know, Dillion.

I did do a Moodlemoot presentation on this several years ago. This link might help.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Dillon Richardson -
Thanks a lot! This is very helpful!

by Rick Jerz -
Great! Now the (your) fun begins!