How to regrade a lesson

How to regrade a lesson

by Ronald Vyhmeister -
Number of replies: 4

Running Moodle 3.9... and have a lesson where after viewing a video, students have to answer some questions. We found an error in the answers, but cannot find where to force a regrade. I know how to do it for a quiz. 

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ronald Vyhmeister

Re: How to regrade a lesson

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
I don't think it is possible to force a regrade in Lesson like in Quiz. There is an open request in the Tracker MDL-30618 to add this ability. You might vote that issue up.

However, in the meanwhile, you can edit individual grades and/or delete any attempts, which is explained in the documentation for Lesson.

In reply to Randy Thornton

by Ronald Vyhmeister -
Thanks for the link to the Moodle Tracker... I am concerned that the Tracker shows this as an issue in 2.1.3 and 2.2... we need it to show as an issue in 3.11... not sure how to do that... do we need to reopen a new ticket? My guess is that DEVs are not really looking at 2.2 anymore...
In reply to Ronald Vyhmeister

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Ronald,

Unfortunately, as far as I know, no-one is working on the Lesson module currently, so there is no hope that your issue will be solved any time soon. thoughtful

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Ronald,

As Joseph says, there it little work on that now. But there is some hope, since Moodle 4.0 will have some extensive refactoring of how the question banks work (https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Question_bank_improvements_for_Moodle_4.0). This new plugin system should make it a lot easier in the future to change Lesson to use the the real question bank and so get features such as Quiz has. If someone picks up the work.