Change location of filter options on assignment grading page

Change location of filter options on assignment grading page

by Greg Lind -
Number of replies: 2

Please consider moving grading options (e.g. filter) to the top of the assignment grading page. I included a video explaining my request.

In the video I was running Moodle 3.11.4+ (Build: 20211214) and the Boost theme. I typically use Adaptable 3.11 but changed to Boost to ensure that my request wasn't specific to Adaptable.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Greg Lind

Re: Change location of filter options on assignment grading page

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Greg,

Your suggestion to move the filter options on the assignment grading page makes a lot of sense to me. 👍

I am just moving your post to the Assignment forum, as the Future major features forum is only for collaborating on specifications for major new features. To ensure that your suggestion is considered by developers, please create an improvement issue in the Moodle Tracker (see the Tracker guide).

In reply to Greg Lind

Re: Change location of filter options on assignment grading page

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Greg, I don't use boost, but in my custom theme I applied some "flex" rules in my theme's custom CSS to reverse the order. The side-effect is that it prevents you from toggling the "options" section closed, so I also made the options stack horizontally across the top. I also have the blocks go to the bottom of the page.

feel free to pull anything out of here that may help you: 

/* Remove Padding on Quick Grading Screen */
    .path-mod-assign .gradingtable [class^="c"],
    .path-mod-assign .gradingtable [class^="header"] {
    padding-left: 0;
    }
    /* Change Layout Order */
    @media only screen and (min-width: 981px) {
    /* Change Block & Question Section Order MacBook */
    #page-mod-assign-grading #page-content {display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-wrap: nowrap;}
    #page-mod-assign-grading #region-main-box {order: 1;}
    #page-mod-assign-grading #page-content.blocks-pre .columnleft {order: 2!important;}
    }
    @media only screen and (min-device-width: 768px) and (max-device-width: 1024px) {
    /* Change Block & Question Section Order iPad */
    #page-mod-assign-grading #page-content {display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-wrap: nowrap;}
    #page-mod-assign-grading #page-content.blocks-pre .columnleft {order: 2!important;}
    }
    @media only screen and (min-device-width: 375px) and (max-device-width: 812px) {
    /* Change Block & Question Section Order iPhone */
    }
    /* Fit all Columns on Screen */
    @media (min-width: 768px) {
    #page-mod-assign-grading #page-content.blocks-pre .region-main {max-width: 100%!important;}}
    @media (min-width: 992px) {
    #page-mod-assign-grading #page-content.blocks-pre .region-main {max-width: 100%!important;}}
    /* Reset Table Preferences Button */
    .resettable a {background: red; color: yellow; padding: 3px; border-radius: 5px;}
    /* Correct the widths on Quick Grading screen due to long file names*/
    #page-mod-assign-grading td[id^="mod_assign_grading"] td div a,
    #page-mod-assign-grading td .no-overflow p
    {word-break: break-all;}
    /* Correct the widths on Quick Grading screen due to large Online Text images */
    #page-mod-assign-grading .quickgradingform img {max-width: 600px; height: auto;}
    /* Fit Quick Grading Page on Mobile Device */
    @media only screen and (max-width: 500px) {
    #page-mod-assign-grading table {background: white;}
    #page-mod-assign-grading table.flexible td, .generaltable td {border-top: 0 solid black;}
    #page-mod-assign-grading #region-main .no-overflow {width: unset;}
    #page-mod-assign-grading table.generaltable thead {display: none;}
    #page-mod-assign-grading .quickgradingform tr {display: flex; flex-flow: row; flex-wrap: wrap; border-bottom: 1px solid black; background: white;}
    #page-mod-assign-grading .quickgradingform table.generaltable tr table tr {border-bottom: 0 solid black;}
    }
    /* Add Horizontal Scroll Bar on the Grading Page for Table Overflow*/
    #page-mod-assign-grading .region-main .no-overflow {overflow: visible;}
    /* Rearrange Filter on Quick Grading Page */
    #page-mod-assign-grading div[role="main"] {display: flex; flex-direction: column;}
    #page-mod-assign-grading .groupselector {order: 1;}
    #page-mod-assign-grading .gradingoptionsform {order: 2; padding-bottom: 0!important;}
    #page-mod-assign-grading .quickgradingform, #page-mod-assign-grading .gradingtable {order: 3;}
    #page-mod-assign-grading .gradingbatchoperationsform {order: 4;}
    #page-mod-assign-grading .urlselect {order: 5; margin-left: 40px;}
    /* Visible Groups: Style the Outer Group Selector Div */
    #page-mod-assign-grading .groupselector .singleselect,
    #page-mod-assign-view .groupselector .singleselect.d-inline-block,
    #page-mod-quiz-report .groupselector .singleselect.d-inline-block,
    #page-grade-report-singleview-index .groupselector .singleselect.d-inline-block,
    #page-grade-report-user-index .groupselector .singleselect.d-inline-block,
    #page-grade-report-grader-index .groupselector .singleselect.d-inline-block {
    border-radius: 10px;
    border: 2px solid black;
    padding: 10px 10px 0 10px;
    margin-top: 10px;
    }

/* Un-Styles the Inner Group Selector Div */
    #page-mod-assign-grading .groupselector .singleselect .singleselect {
    border: 1px solid #ced4da;
    border-radius: 5px;
    padding: .375rem 1.75rem .375rem .75rem;}
    /* Display Grading Options in a Row */
    #page-mod-assign-grading .gradingoptionsform fieldset#id_general div.fcontainer.clearfix {display: flex; flex-direction: row;}
    /*#page-mod-assign-grading .gradingoptionsform fieldset#id_general div.fcontainer.clearfix #fitem_id_perpage {flex-direction: column;}*/
    #page-mod-assign-grading .gradingoptionsform fieldset#id_general div.fcontainer.clearfix #fitem_id_perpage .col-md-3 {min-width: 260px;}
    /*#page-mod-assign-grading .gradingoptionsform fieldset#id_general div.fcontainer.clearfix #fitem_id_filter {flex-direction: column;}*/
    #page-mod-assign-grading .gradingoptionsform fieldset#id_general div.fcontainer.clearfix #fitem_id_filter .col-md-3 {min-width: 125px;}
    /* Fit Grading Filters Page on Mobile Device */
    @media only screen and (max-width: 500px) {
    #page-mod-assign-grading .gradingoptionsform fieldset#id_general div.fcontainer.clearfix {display: flex; flex-direction: column;}
    }
Attachment horizontal options at top.png