Updating "deferred feedback with explanation" plug-in input box

Updating "deferred feedback with explanation" plug-in input box

by Sơn Tạ Duy Tâm -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

I'm currently using Moodle for a school project, I am to set up a sample English-Math quiz where each question (of various types) will have its own explanation box that can accept various types of input from students - text, drawing, image files, .doc and .xls files.

The first 2 cases can be managed with existing plug-ins (the original 'deferredfeedbackwithexplanation' and Sketch), however, I have difficulty with the later 3 cases where students have to upload file by link (in the case of Image files) or can't upload at all (.doc and .xls).

I'm currently using Moodle 3.11.4, and I noticed that the input box from the 'Essay' type question has the capability to directly upload files from the system. Is there any way I could 'bring' that input box functionality into the plug-in input box?  

Thank you in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sơn Tạ Duy Tâm

Re: Updating "deferred feedback with explanation" plug-in input box

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It would require some development, but it could be done. ... I think. I am just wondering whether making it possible would require a small change in Moodle core code. Question types have a get_response_file_areas method, which is needed to make this work fully, and I don't think that is available to behaviours.