Question presentation YUI Clonze question display issue

Question presentation YUI Clonze question display issue

by Ian McNeill -
Number of replies: 3

I have created a question in Clonze for accounting question utilizing balance sheet questions. 

Moodle version Moodle 3.11.4 (Build: 20211108)

The answer cells are not uniform the element is copied below the attribute 'size' has decided to randomly vary between 1 and  4  so the table looks untidy I'd like to have all the cells the same size rather than random sizes.

The smallest cell in question has this question code in it  {1:NUMERICAL:=8.00#Correct}

Inspecting the input element   <input type="text" name="q195:1_sub23_answer" id="q33:1_sub23_answer" size="1" class="form-control mb-1">

The larger more desirable cells are size 4.  I cant modify  the HTML. it appears to be a Java script YUI issue.

snip of the table in the quiz question 

variable table cell sizes

Is there an elegant method/ way that I can achieve uniform size cells ?

many thanks

Ian  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ian McNeill

Re: Question presentation YUI Clonze question display issue

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Could you please attach an export file of your question?
In reply to Ian McNeill

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Ian,

When you have several short answers in the same cloze question, "a random number of spaces are added to the maximal value [of the width] in order to prevent it being used to guest the right answer if the author does not enter any distractors manually." In some cases, this "does lead to some rather poor rendering", that is, the short answers will have different widths while equal width could be preferable.

It is possible to obtain short answers of uniform length using a small JavaScript code inserted either in the text of the question, a block appearing in the quiz or the Additional HTML of the Site administration, depending on the desired extent of the code effect...

Please continue reading at https://moodleformulas.org/course/view.php?id=89&section=10 ↗ where you will find an example, the JavaScript code and further explanations.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Ian McNeill -
Thank you very much this has fixed the issue and it looks really good now ...
Average of ratings: Useful (1)