modifying assessment form (accumulative grading strategy)

modifying assessment form (accumulative grading strategy)

by Guilene revauger -
Number of replies: 1

Hello, 

I have a worksop with peer grading, using accumulative grading strategy. 

My evaluation has 7 aspects, and the total is a mark out of 20. Thanks to the documentation and the forum, I realize I had misunderstood the principle of the accumulate grading system. I wanted to give: 3 points for aspects 1&4; 2 points for aspects 2, 3, 5, 6; and 6 points for aspect 7. But I gave the same weight to each aspect. Therefore the marks are not calculated the way I want them to be. 

I am currently in the grading evaluation phase. I tried modifying my initial assessment form and change the weight of each aspect, but it doesn't seem to work, even when I hit the recalculate button. I reopened the assessment phase but it doesn't change anything either. I have the feeling that only reopening the setup phase would work. But I'm afraid I may erase all the submissions!

Do you confirm that it's too late to modify the assessment form, and nothing can be done at this stage? 

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Guilene revauger

Re: modifying assessment form (accumulative grading strategy)

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Re-opening the setup phase is safe and submissions will not be lost. However, I am afraid that after the weights are changed, all the students would need to re-save (re-submit) their assessment forms in order for new weights have effect. You can still try though.