importing .imscc files in a Quiz

importing .imscc files in a Quiz

by Svetlana Atuchina -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everybody,

Cannot find if there is a way to import a .imscc file into a Quiz. If it is, what format should be chosen? 
Changing this file to a .zip one didn't help. 

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Svetlana Atuchina

Re: importing .imscc files in a Quiz

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Svetlana Atuchina -
Thank you, Dominique! I was wondering to import the questions to the question bank, not restoring a course or something.
It looks like it is impossible. Well, it is said 'partial support', but as I tried it, it didn't work
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I think the IMS CC question format is very implementation specific. Most systems can only import from cartridges created on a similar system. It may be possible import a cartridge created by another Moodle, but not necessarily packages from other systems. As far as questions, I think the IMS specifies that the questions are stored in QTI format within the zip archive. However I think the QTI format has been removed from Moodle core so that may not work. You may be able to import the QTI file manually from the zip with an third party plugin like Canvas question format.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)