Martins April Fools joke

Re: Martins April Fools joke

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Heh heh heh, always nice to get at least one! big grin

I'll include a copy here because I'm going to delete it soon from the site news.

Some big news!

After many requests from our users, and many discussions among the key Moodle developers, we've decided that PHP no longer offers us the growth path we would like, and so we'll be converting the entire code base to use the Microsoft® .NET platform.

We believe this offers the best solution to drive business value and empower our industry to harness the power of the connected workplace.

The conversion - sponsored by Microsoft® - is not easy, but we expect to have the job completed by April 1st, 2007. As part of the arrangement, we'll no longer be supporting Moodle on anything but Microsoft® servers, but they are very good so this shouldn't be a problem.

To the future!
Average of ratings: Very cool (3)
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Richard Jones -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Had me going for a couple of minutes before I noticed the posting date;

also the last phrase is just a bit of a give away!

Nice one!

Richard

In reply to Richard Jones

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
And "We believe this offers the best solution to drive business value and empower our industry to harness the power of the connected workplace" wasn't a giveaway? Man, we must be really used to reading marketing jargon (or glossing over it) wink

by W Page -

Shocker!! smile big grin

WP1

Attachment Martin_April_01_2006.jpg
In reply to W Page

by James Greene -
You had me going for a while Martin. Please disregard the private message I sent you about this matter. You are quite the jokesterwink

by A. H. -
That was ... smile. Dont know what to say! We have moodle running on Windows 2003 and wanted to move to linux. So,I already registered to take Linux courses and they will start on Wed. In 2 DAYS! We already ordered 2 new servers To install LINUX. hehehe... i started thinking what should we use these servers for and how much money we LOST!!!

Good one.

by Daniel Denev -

смях   A Moodle like project that use the Microsoft® .NET platform ASP.NET C#  MS SQL  ...  and has modular object oriented architectule ... [modules, panels, formats]

Moodle.NET Discussion

SF.net

BEST.NET

Wake-Up Call ... Bzzzz.... намигане