Safe exam browser

Safe exam browser

Mohamed Abdelbary írta időpontban
Válaszok szám: 8

I was trying safe exam browser for the first time

My students got this message (Although I configured the safe exam browser from inside Moodle):

Access is not allowed according to the current configuration.

Is there is extra configuration needed on the program itself?

Értékelések átlaga: -
Válasz erre: Mohamed Abdelbary

Re: Safe exam browser

Marco Lehre írta időpontban
Kép
Could you please describe what steps your students do before they get the message?
What are the settings in the test?
Válasz erre: Marco Lehre

I found that this occurs only when the setting "Enable URL filtering" in safe exam browser is set to yes. When I set it to No; the exam goes on. However, embedded videos fail to play.

Kép
Please read the "Filter Section" in the SEB user manual: https://safeexambrowser.org/windows/win_usermanual_en.html#NetworkPaneFilterSection
Some of these settings can also be made in Moodle.
If your SEB settings are complicated, use the option
Require the use of Safe Exam Browser: Yes - Upload my own config
and upload your own .seb config file that you can create with the SEB Configuration Tool.

Thanks for your help.
Still I have the problem of playing mp4 videos: they paly in moodle but they fail to play n safe exam browser.

Kép
Chromium (and thus SEB on Windows) cannot play videos that require a video codec of the "MPEG family" such as mp4/H264 (background is (patent) legal nature as well as influenced by (strategic) decisions of Google). Videos must be available for Chromium/SEB in webm format with the VP8/VP9 video codec. Videos can be converted with the open source software "Handbrake" (https://handbrake.fr). Note: The SEB Browser (on Windows) is based on Chromium.
Értékelések átlaga:Useful (1)

Thank you very much for this fruitful help. I downloaded & converted a file (into .m4v) to try it. However, do I need this "Handbrake" on the student terminals to play the video or it will play automatically with their VLC player?