Ending a shuffled quiz with a specific question

Ending a shuffled quiz with a specific question

by Keith Richards -
Number of replies: 6

Have tried to find answer with no luck - if this has already been answered, apologies. I'd appreciate direction as to where.

I want to end a quiz, which I've set to randomly shuffle questions for each student, with a specific question that they will all see as the last one. I want to include a difficult "challenge" question at the end of the quiz, and I don't want this question coming up earlier and throwing students off track.

Is this possible?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Keith Richards

Re: Ending a shuffled quiz with a specific question

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Keith,

What you want is extremely easy to achieve. See the doc at https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/Building_Quiz#Section_headings and the attached screenshot.

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Keith Richards -
Perfect, thanks very much Joseph. My first term using Moodle and it shows!

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Keith,

...I don't want this question coming up earlier and throwing students off track.

You could edit the quiz and close the padlock on the last question. This would make the display of this question dependent on the previous one being answered first. See Making questions conditional upon other questions ↗.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Keith Richards -
Thanks Dominique. Strangely, I do not see padlocks on my questions - well, I did see them one time, but that's it. For some reason they just don't appear. No idea why!

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
@Keith,
the doc says "If using the Interactive with multiple tries or Immediate Feedback behaviour and with the navigation method set to 'Free', it is possible to make the display of a question dependent on a previous question being answered first."
Is that how your quiz is set?
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Keith Richards -
Yes, it is set for that Joseph, I just double-checked. I have seen the padlocks once, so I don't know what's going on!