Requiring one student from group to post before others can reply

Requiring one student from group to post before others can reply

by John Andre -
Number of replies: 1

I'm stuck a bit and hope someone can help me. Reading and watching videos did not show me an answer.

Here is my scenario: I have 80 students in group of 4 each (so, 20 groups). In a discussion forum, I would like each group to make a group post (so just one post for the group) before being able to see anything in the forum.

Once a post is made, those 4 students can now see all of the posts in the forum  (so, they can see all posts from every group). Now, I would like any student in the group to be able to respond to any post from any group.

So, in Group A, they might submit on Monday morning. Then, Group B might submit Monday afternoon. After Group B posts (just the one post for the entire group of 4 students), then all Group B members can see the Group B post but they can also see the Group A post. Also, anyone in Group B can reply to Group A's pots.

Is there a way to do this on Moodle 3.9?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Andre

Re: Requiring one student from group to post before others can reply

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I think that you have far too many desires and rules to accomplish this with Moodle forums, but maybe someone else will have some ideas for you.

You could always set these rules (i.e., explain them to the students) and then check them manually. Moodle does show who and when the first post was made.