custom role for students department

custom role for students department

by Marco Di Noto -
Number of replies: 1

Hey there. I really need help with this.

My Moodle version es 3.9.10+

I need to define a role for student department's ppl. I tried the non editing teacher but i can't even see the courses. Also setup for see any course, enrolled or not. It didn't work.

When i activate the moodle/site:configview, i can see a course block. But with this, the non editing part from the archetype doesn't work as i can edit and/or add content, which shouldn't be possible.

Also, At the course block mentioned before, i can't see every course. Only those in a general category, even when i set to view every course, even those whre i'm not enrolled.

This is so confusing... Please help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marco Di Noto

Re: custom role for students department

by Ivan Gjorgjievski -
Hopefully this can point you (at the very least) in the general direction:

I've created something like this in order to have a site wide permitted access user without the capabilities to change anything.

I've taken the archetype Manager, and created a new role called "coordinator". I prohibited all "edit" "create" "change" permissions and went on to testing. So far, two years it's been good:
- Can search and enter courses without enrolling, can view content and grades, cannot add or change anything.
- Same as for the users: can search and view profiles and grades overviews, cannot change their anything.

I might be able to provide you with some permissions overview if you want?
Here is an export of the role  (also attached to this reply.)