Adding URL to logo (Marketing Block) Adaptable Theme

Adding URL to logo (Marketing Block) Adaptable Theme

by Yvonne Crawford -
Number of replies: 4

I've updated a logo on our front page however I can't seem to see how to add the URL link to the course pages, like the other logos. 

I've looked at the marketing block under the adaptable theme - I just want to be able to hover over the logo and see the URL and the click to access the courses, as that is how students access their courses.  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yvonne Crawford

Re: Adding URL to logo (Marketing Block) Adaptable Theme

by Yvonne Crawford -
So let me re write this then...

Moodle Version: 3.11
Moodle Theme: Adaptable

Issue: I need to link the course page to one of the logos it is one URL link to one page which has a few courses on it.

I added the logo via the MARKETING block on the adaptable theme BUT I do not know HOW to link the URL... it is not clear at all.

Each logo links to the courses for that area so each logo has a different link. When staff or students click on the logo it will take them directly to the courses. There is no visible link.
In reply to Yvonne Crawford

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
What version of Adaptable?

So you need links to the categories and not the course page? As a category page has a list of courses, but a course page does not have a list of courses by default.

And you need to separate the big logo image into individual logo images, put in a responsive table (look at the Bootstrap 4 framework for this in terms of components / CSS helper classes) and then link each one using the editor link facility, i.e. the 'link' icon in the editor used by the marketing block settings. Or use the frontpage info box settings.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Yvonne Crawford -
I have now managed to sort this. Thanks