Error message on self-enrol

Error message on self-enrol

by Adam Morrey -
Number of replies: 6

Hello. I have some English language conversation classes set to allot self-enrolement. Default role for users is authenticated user and I have the ability to self enrol for this role activated. However some students are receiving an error of 'inactive' or 'not enabled'.

I have no idea why they are receiving this message and therefore some students are unable to sign up for conversation classes.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to try and problem solve this issue?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Morrey

Re: Error message on self-enrol

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Take a look at this conversation https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=415667 and the answers provided there.
In reply to Randy Thornton

by Adam Morrey -
Thank you for the reply Randy. I looked at the permissions for the student role. They did infact have self enrol in course set to 'not set', I have allowed this permission for them now but they can't enrol
I have no idea why students can't self enrol when it has been enabled on the course and authenticated users and students all have that permission. Adam
In reply to Adam Morrey

by Adam Morrey -
Students can enrol in a class once but once the week has passed they are unable to enrol again.
In reply to Adam Morrey

by Randy Thornton -
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Several settings can affect this: enrolment duration, enrolment end date, unenrol inactive after, and also the system default for what happens when they get unenroled.
In reply to Randy Thornton

by Adam Morrey -
Thanks for all your effort and help Randy. Turns out I'm an idiot. I read 'enrolment duration' to mean how long a user will be enroled for. When it actually means 'how long is the window within which a student can enrol for this course'. After disabling this period and then enabling a kick after a weeks inactivity it is now working as intended. Thanks for the help.
In reply to Adam Morrey

by Randy Thornton -
Actually, no, it is the exact opposite. You were correct before.

- Enrolment duration it is how long the user will be enroled for. More specifically, Enrolment duration is the length of time in days that the user will be enroled for in the course, starting from the first day they are enroled. The duration is not affected by the enrolment method end date.

- The Enrolment start date and end date together define the window of time in which users may enrol in the course.