Place of "Add a block" button

Place of "Add a block" button

by Moien Abadi -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Dears

I just post this issue here (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=428672) which one of community members is mentioned that perhaps I'd better postit here:

One of the things that I face to it and make us confusing is the place of  "Add a block" when turn edit mode become ON. User should goto the end of Side panel, therefore in some courses with many sections, user should scroll a lot to reach the end of Side panel items to click on it, to add the a specific block on the other side of page.

On the other hand, when we add Blocks in boost them, always they are on opposite of Side panel (in dashboard or in courses) , so I think it makes sense that if the place of "Add a block" button be somewhere around the place of added blocks or side by side of new icon for blocks side, when "Edit mode" is on.

These are some ideas:

or 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Moien Abadi

Re: Place of "Add a block" button

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Moodle HQ team

Thanks Moien for asking about the position of 'Add block' in Moodle 4.0.

For anyone reading this thread, please see Moien's original discussion post in the Testing and QA forum, Place of "Add a block" button, for Rafael's answer and explanation.

In reply to Moien Abadi

by Chris Kenniburg -
Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that the hamburger sidebar menu is going away in Moodle 4 and that the Add a Block would be found over by where the blocks actually reside.

I hope I am correct. That menu is such a distraction. I'll be glad to see it gone in favor of the course index menu.
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Luiggi Sansonetti -
Hi Chris

Yes hamburger sidebar is no longer available

And in course, we have now the course index
Or the course admin tabs

And, of course, the block area :

Moodle is changing from a caterpillar to a butterfly (I don't know if this is a good metaphor in English😅).