MoodleCloud Admin Login Issues

MoodleCloud Admin Login Issues

by Nicholas D'Antona -
Number of replies: 18

I am fairly new to MoodleCloud so please bear with me.

I created my MoodleCloud site with an admin account as well as a teaching account because our continuing education for work requires me to participate as well. Different email addresses and usernames were used. Today when trying to login to the admin account to make some updates and I keep getting an error, they are the same credentials I have been using since the beginning. I cleared by browser cache and history and still nothing. I gave in and tried to reset my password but when I go to create a new password I get this error, "Error updating password, password not changed" it has a link to click for more info but there is no topic for the error it is showing, "error/auth/errorpasswordupdate" 

Any help would be appreciated, I cant find any similar topics for this issue.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nicholas D'Antona

Re: MoodleCloud Admin Login Issues

by Malte Engel -

Same problem here. I haven't had access to my site for 5 hours now. Technical support doesn't seem to be available (The links for technical support lead to error messages ("500 internal server error"). Is there anyone who can help?

by Elizabeth Hartigan -

Same problem here. I tried doing the reset in Edge (usually I use Firefox) with the same result.  I tried from a different computer, same result

by Jana Alexander -
Yes! me too was able to use other administrator to give my student account administrative rights as an interim measure. But not sure what to do from here. will be following with interest 

by Pola de Buitleir -

Same issue. On the morning that I need to update an final assessment to be delivered today. Getting the same error message regarding updating the password.

by Create @Computhink -
Hi, same issue here, I am suddenly unable to login as my main admin account.

by Misael Cornelio -

Same issue, any updates?

In reply to Misael Cornelio

by Stephen Gomersall -
Same here - we have exams scheduled all next week and I urgently need to finish the quizzes sad

I checked a few student accounts and with one of the teachers - their accounts are all working fine, just my admin account can't connect

by Henric Ekstrand -

Same here! 

And thank you for posting this so quickly; I thought it was only me.

My attempts to reset password throws an error with the following progression of dead ends: 

error/auth/errorpasswordupdate

This page does not exist yet. You can search for this page title in other pages, or let us know by posting about it in one of the Moodle community forums.

[and, when clicking on the "search for this page title" link]

There were no results matching the query.

In reply to Henric Ekstrand

by Henric Ekstrand -
I also last night contacted Moodle Support team, describing the issue, and 24 minutes ago received an (autogenerated?) reply to refer to these forums.

by Business trainer -

Same issues here. My school Moodle is kingstonacademy.moodle.school. I think it could be server issue with the admin account. I have morning class at 8.30 am AEST tomorrow. Hope it could be fixed soon. Thank you Moodle Team, you are always be good!

In reply to Business trainer

by Stephen Gomersall -
To everyone, looks like it is fixed now.

To Moodle, if you are doing work on the server that is likely to block access for 18 hours, could you please announce in advance? I will probably have to pull an all nighter to get my exams made in time for students to take on Monday, which could have been avoided with advance warning.
In reply to Stephen Gomersall

by Dèlia Santos Sanchez -
What a relief! Thank you for posting and letting us know.

And I totally agree! Halts in service like this should be announced in advance.

by Kelly Howell -
Hi all,
Just confirming that our systems had an unexpected and temporary outage yesterday which is now resolved. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you during this time. All our systems are back up and working.
If you are still experiencing any issues please submit a support ticket.
Warm regards,
Kelly