Adding new students to existing sessions

Adding new students to existing sessions

by Matt Barr -
Number of replies: 4

Hello there,

We have set up all our sessions in advance but a couple of students have enrolled since teaching began. They can't mark their attendance as they are not added to the existing sessions. I can't see any way to add new students to future sessions - is this possible?

Thanks!

Matt

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Barr

Re: Adding new students to existing sessions

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
If they are future sessions they should be added automatically - the only ones they will not be able to access are ones that were prior to their enrollment date.
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Matt Barr -
Thanks for the reply Emma! That's what I was hoping would happen, but it's not. Interestingly, when I tried to add them as temporary users, it said they already existed as regular users but they are not listed on the session from my point of view, and the new students don't see any sessions when they click on the Attendance. Maybe I need to raise this locally as an issue with our Moodle instance...
In reply to Matt Barr

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
It is based on their enrollment date - you might check that...I do this all the time so I know it works...check that you don't have groups selected in your attendance settings and that they maybe are not members of group.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Matt Barr -

That's it! Thank you! They hadn't been enrolled in the 'All students' group. Thank you so much!