Bulk Negative Multiple choice

Bulk Negative Multiple choice

by Yashwanth LSC -
Number of replies: 8

I cannot find any method to add bulk negative questions,

As the answer is correct we should assign 1 mark and for Incorrect it should be -0.25

and there should not be any check button, and it should be as same as deferred feedback type with negative marks as we manually put -0.25 for incorrect

Please help me find any methods regarding the negative mark quiz with these requirements

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yashwanth LSC

Re: Bulk Negative Multiple choice

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You can set negative marks in the standard multiple choice...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Yashwanth LSC -
Hey thanks for reply,

But for 100 questions to be uploaded, it takes lot of time in multiple choice. So, do you know any other way

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
You should be able to use any of the import methods...to be fair, I haven't tried it but I don't know why it wouldn't work.

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The plugin Microsoft Word File Import/Export (Question Format) uses a Word table as a template for each question type as shown in the screenshot below. By default, the incorrect answer options in the template are set to 0, but you could change the template to set them to -25 instead (as I have done in this example). Then each time you create a new question using the template, the negative values will be already filled in, and you just have to type in the question stem and answer options. The template is just a Word template file (.dotm) so is easy to edit. Without changing the template itself, you could also just create one question, change the grades in the table, copy that table, and paste it as many times as you want questions. (Note that I developed this plugin.)

Template for MCQ questions with default negative grades for incorrect options

In reply to Eoin Campbell

by Yashwanth LSC -

hello Eoin Campbell,

your plugin is my current requirement.

I have tried it now, but getting this error please help me out 

ERROR: The type of the file you selected (application/vnd.ms-word.template.macroEnabled.12) does not match the type expected by this import format (application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document).

my moodle version:3.6.3

i have attached my file which i have uploaded please revert back to me as soon as possible

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Yashwanth,

You have saved your questions in a Word template file with VBA macros (.dotm suffix), but you need to save them as a Word file without macros (.docx suffix).

In reply to Eoin Campbell

by Yashwanth LSC -

hi,

If I upload as a ".docx" I'm getting this error

Error:

1. No questions imported because the language of the labels in the Word file does not match your current Moodle interface language. "" != "en"

Note: my file is the same as I attached before but changed to ".docx"

Please help me out with this, if possible can you send me a file with at least 3 questions in your format(Plugin format)

Waiting for your reply smile

Thank you!

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In the quiz settings, you need to select the right Questions behaviour -> How questions behave. Try Deferred feedback.