Backup Pending for this Resource

Backup Pending for this Resource

by Ebeiyamba Okon -
Number of replies: 6

Good Day, each time i try backing up this particular Course, it keeps giving me the report, "back up pending for this resource". Is there anyway i can get through this? Please someone should help with a step by step direction. Thanks. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ebeiyamba Okon

Re: Backup Pending for this Resource

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Does this only happen on this course? It sounds like something has hung up on a previous backup or do you have automated backups running around the same time? Cron is running right?
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Ebeiyamba Okon -
Thanks for the response. I noticed it was just this course. Checking online, i learnt i had to check notifications which prompted that cron wasn't running currently.
I did that manually and was successful in backing up the Course. Thanks
In reply to Ebeiyamba Okon

by Mirza Mohsin -

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue can u tell me how u fix it manually?? Any screen shot or path?

In reply to Mirza Mohsin

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
The OP hasn't returned since 1 Jan 2022. What he meant was a command like '/path/to/php /path/to/moodle/admin/cli/automated_backups.php' in the (Unix) shell. The argument is that php CLI interpreter is more efficient than its CGI counterpart.
In reply to Mirza Mohsin

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

At ALL in this thread ...

Check what's in your mdl_task_adhoc table for references to the backup's pending.

You can truncate the table without any ill affect.

To reclaim space, look in moodledata/temp/backup/ for any hashnamed directories (lots of letters/numbers) as those were used to build backups.   With the exception of a running automated backups, those directories and be manually removed to re-claim space.

IF running autobackups, point those to a designated directory outside of moodledata/filedir/.   You'll be able to see which ones are successful and remove some if one needs more space more easily.

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)