Show completion of selected activities

Show completion of selected activities

by Jacek Rapacz -
Number of replies: 6

Hi.

I am looking for a solution that allows to show a list of activities with completion marks.

For example, I have 100 activities in the course. 40 of 100 are mandatory. I would love to have some compact space/block showing which of those 40 activities are completed.

Normally students could check it on the course site but some of the activities become restricted. Those are Zoom links with time-based availability. When I post Zoom link (in a label), students have time window to mark task completion. When it's past the deadline for task completion, the link becomes unavailable (restricted) which means it can't be marked as completed and also it doesn't show completion status. Beacause of that students can't see which Zoom meetings they have completed. 

Also placing completion status of all the tasks in one place would be very usefull for the students (the course is quite extensive).

I will be grateful for any help smile 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jacek Rapacz

Re: Show completion of selected activities

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
My Checklist activity may help you - one of its features allows you to show a list of all the activities in the course and (optionally) have the check marks in the activity reflect the completion state of those activities (you can choose whether or not the student can override the checked state of each item or whether it is locked to the activity completion states).

https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_checklist
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Davo Smith

Odp: Re: Show completion of selected activities

by Jacek Rapacz -
I've seen it but according to tutorial video all of the available checklists are made manually, are they? I need something that reads completion of activities and visualises them (as checks) automatically.
In reply to Jacek Rapacz

Re: Odp: Re: Show completion of selected activities

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
As I wrote above - you can (optionally) include a list of all course activities in the checklist (this is a setting when creating the activity, you do not have to manually type them in - once set, it automatically keeps up to date with the list of activities in the course) and then you can (optionally) set it to update the checkmarks automatically as the activities are completed.

I wouldn't have suggested it, if it didn't do what you were asking for ...
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Davo Smith

Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Show completion of selected activities

by Jacek Rapacz -
Ok then, I will try it out. Thank you very much!
In reply to Jacek Rapacz

Re: Show completion of selected activities

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
The Completion Progress plugin might help with that. You can pick and choose as the teacher which activities show up on it instead of just all of them that have completion enabled.
In reply to Randy Thornton

Odp: Re: Show completion of selected activities

by Jacek Rapacz -
I did try it, but it seems a bit confusing for stutents and generates a lot of questions (mainly beacause it doesn't show activities names and you have to look for them by moving your mouse).
Average of ratings: Useful (1)