Is it possible to have the duplicated activity default to appear above?

Is it possible to have the duplicated activity default to appear above?

by Eric Hagley -
Number of replies: 9

I have tried to find an answer but could not do so in my search.

I am wondering if there is a way/hack to ensure that when you duplicate an activity or resource, it appears above the activity / resource you have duplicated rather than below? If so, could you please advise how to do that? To me, that would make more sense to be the default but that is just me.

As always, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Eric

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Hagley

Re: Is it possible to have the duplicated activity default to appear above?

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
You can move the duplicated activity or resource to anywhere you wish. Somehow, it seems to make more sense to me that the duplicated item be below the original, but that's just my thought.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Eric Hagley -
Rick, thank you for your reply and of course I know that you can move it. My question is, can it be set via some kind of hack to appear above the original. Your preference / ideal is different to mine. I love Moodle because you can do so many things with it. I'm hoping this is one of the things that can be done.
In reply to Eric Hagley

by Eric Hagley -
The reason I'd really like it to default above is that if you are repeating a similar thing you want the students to see the most recent one and that should be at the top to stop the "scroll of death". Would really love to know how to do this.
In reply to Eric Hagley

by Rick Jerz -
Out of curiosity, what kinds of activities are you duplicating?
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Eric Hagley -
various ones from choices, questionnaires, forums etc. Rick, I have been using Moodle since 2004 and know what and why I am asking. I know there are various things I can do with it but let's just say that for reasons I have, I want the default to change so that the most recent duplicate appears above the duplicated one. I thank you for the enormous amount of feedback you give to so many people but if you are unsure of how to do this particular one, I'd hope you can sit back and put your feet up for a well-earned rest on this one and wait to see if I get an answer.
In reply to Eric Hagley

by Rick Jerz -
Well, Eric, since you are a long-time Moodle user, you know what you are doing. You can always create a feature request in Moodle Tracker.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Eric Hagley -
Thank you Rick for this kind suggestion. (Though it still doesn't answer the question).
In reply to Eric Hagley

by Rick Jerz -
I thought that maybe you were new to Moodle and duplicating quizzes to give students more attempts. But nope, you know what you are doing.

No, the question is not answered, and I am not a programmer. Perhaps someone else will jump in with a suggestion for you.

If you have a screenshot or two of how your Moodle looks for a topic or two, it might help others see what you are doing.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Eric Hagley -
Thank you again Rick. I do hope someone else will jump in - Rick, please wait until someone else does before replying again. Screenshots will not help. All I need to know is which part of the program sets default for duplicating to appear below and hopefully change that for it to appear above. If anyone else has some ideas I'd be very grateful.