How to show the student the decimals in points and show them the percentage in their quiz results

How to show the student the decimals in points and show them the percentage in their quiz results

by Peter Diedrichs -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I just cannot find the settings for this:

In the teacher's gradebook view, decimals and percentage for the quiz results is shown like this:

In the students view, the result is shown only as a rounded off point, meaning all those three students get a 16p result:

Same thing in the teachers quiz results overview:

I'd like to have decimals in all views, and the option to also show percentage. I have tried a lot of settings, but cannot get that.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Diedrichs

Re: How to show the student the decimals in points and show them the percentage in their quiz results

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
User report under Course Grade Settings...
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: How to show the student the decimals in points and show them the percentage in their quiz results

by Peter Diedrichs -

Thank you, Emma!

But I have tried that. These are my settings:

Grades settings

It looks right on the students Grades page, with decimals and percentage

But on the students Quizzes overview, it looks like this

Also, on the Quiz start / review attempt page:

Here the student's got 16p, and should pass, while the real 15.5p isn't good enough and moodle (correctly) fails the student.

In reply to Peter Diedrichs

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Sorry, misunderstood your question apparently! In the mod/quiz settings page there is a place to set the number of decimal points. Is that set correctly?
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Peter Diedrichs -
Thank you, Emma! The teacher had changed that setting to 0 decimal places.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)